Wednesday, May 28, 2008

How to cook fresh scallops?


P1292350
Originally uploaded by linggy

Let's see...

I have already asked Carina, Genevieve, my mom and my auntie...

First we tried to cook it by searing it on pans, but the middle seem very raw, mushy then we cut it into half and stir fry abit...it still taste relatively uncooked. (haha) Then we just covered the pan and let it simmer for 5 mins....by then it is totally cooked but kind of lost its sweetness which we get in proper restaurants!

Arrrrr...I was so excited to see big juicy scallops haha hoping to re-create my favourite crystal jade kitchen's scallop porridge.
I wonder is it very expensive- we bought around 5 scallops for 5USD...but the scallops are really big, compared to a wedge of normal sized lemon.

Here it is- Joe Patti, where fresh seafood is sold! Brought in everyday by Captain Joe!



No comments: