Sunday, February 22, 2009

A wonderful dinner with new found friends


2 weeks ago while TY and I were at the asian mart, we bumped into a couple who were looking at us, wondering where we were from, we speak Chinese, English and Malay! Hah we didnt even realise we were speaking in all 3 languages! The Tan family had invited us to their house last night for a feast! Happy we were!! There was pisang goreng (I think I ate 10 of them, yum), asam prawns, lo ba and eggs, and sambal kangkong. A special treat -durian ice cream for the boys and mango ice cream for me woohooo. It is indeed a meal made with love! Our compliments and appreciation goes to Aunty! I hope to learn cooking from Aunty haha I must go visit her more often ;) We also made many new friends from Indonesia, the first group of SE Asians we had met in Pensacola actually. Isnt it awesome! Their house is fully furnished, with most of the game consoles, the boys were fighting over the guitar hero, they also have a pool table, 2 huge flat screens...you name it, they have it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You ate 10 pisang goreng?? hahaha...you are crazy. It was a fun night though, what a feast we had there. I especially love the durian ice cream Nyuummyy....