Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our 1st Thanksgiving~~whooohooo aka Shopping Madness



It was Thanksgiving for most of us with the exception of Ryan. Initially I wanted to try roasting a turkey but all the turkeys are bigger than my toaster oven (haha, why is that hardly surprising).
The itinerary for Thanksgiving is as followed:
4-6pm: Drive down to Destin
6-8pm: Thanksgiving Buffet @ Marina Cafe, Destin
Hang around....chill, rest before shopping
The whole cafe has a nice waterfront view, we got
to try both fried and roasted turkeys. I much prefer the
fried turkey. Hah

10pm: Ralph Lauren outlet store opens
12-3am: Own time own target at Silversands Outlet Mall
I believed Coach has the biggest crowd, literally have to snatch for what you want.
Our boot is fully stocked!

3-5am: NEX opens
Yeah I grabbed my knife set for 19.99. Yippee, going to bring it home (as in Singapore) with me.

The other item I was really drooling upon is the classic white KitchenAid Mixer for 149.99. We did not buy for several reason, firstly there is no tabletop space for the mixer, which means it has to be put on the floor, secondly, we cant use it in Singapore due to voltage difference, we need to buy a transformer which might be very expensive for all we know, thirdly, it will be hell trying to bring it back because of its weight. Oh well, the rational side won.

Oh ya the other big ticket item we bought is a new Sony Vaio so that we can each have our own laptop, for him to play game and for her to bug her friends while they are working. But sadly it seem like the old computer is at its brink of death...why like that!!!! Argh

Ps, I am wearing a scarf sent by Irene all the way from Singapore~*Grin*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the loooooot! Well done friend. And show us the scarf! It looks gorgeous! Got lace like detail somemore!! Woot!

ring-a-ding-a-ling said...

It is fabulous but I am still buggering her for a handmade one...haha

Anonymous said...

Wahh.. best! The boot really reminds me of how our rented car's boot looked like just before the Feist concert!