Friday, January 16, 2009

Pineapple tarts for CNY

I still remember Kenny had to depart for USA on the first day of CNY last year, what luck!
Oh well, this year we are in US and we don't need to give ang bao (yeah!). Kenny knows my all-time fave CNY goodie is PINEAPPLE TARTS! Actually I think most of my friends also know that, especially the MTM gals, the rate I gobbled up pineapple tarts (and mooncakes) never fail to amaze them.

So this entry is dedicated to Kenny's first pineapple tarts' experience.
The pineapples are expensive, USD 2.50 for 1 medium size pineapple. Maybe I should had bought canned ones. The juice was so sweet and delicious, hand squeezed! This picture was taken when he first started, still smiley and energetic.

The dried pulp we got from 2 pineapples, time to start cooking. He cooked it on low heat for around 1-1.5 hrs, we were playing mahjong while he was cooking so we did not track the time.

Rolling the pineapple balls

Ta daaaaa
fresh pineapple tarts... hopefully I can resist them till Ox year arrives.

No comments: